Lebanon Education Foundation
The Lebanon Education Foundation (LEF) is a charitable educational organization founded in 1995 at the request of the Lebanon District 9 Board of Education. The LEF board of directors consists of up to 30 members. The mission of the LEF is to:
- Provide scholarships to graduating seniors for either vocational or post-high school education.
- Provide monetary support to the Lebanon School District by participating in innovative programs not funded by the district.
- Provide intellectual resources to the district to enhance the education of the students.
All alumni of Lebanon High School are automatically enrolled in membership for one year following graduation. Once a year has passed, alumni can still be a member by paying annual dues, which at certain levels, are also tax deductible.
Monies coming from donations, memorials, fundraisers, and membership dues have allowed the LEF to make a positive difference for the students and teachers of the Lebanon Community School District. Highlights of these accomplishments include:
- Paid out over $80,000 in scholarships.
- Provided over $35,000 to district programs.
- Established an Alumni Association.
- Began a Hall of Fame and an Employee Recognition Banquet.